Client: Busy Couple
Objective: Create a better storage system; organize the kitchen to function according to the clients’ needs.
The clients’ kitchen was bursting at the seams with overstuffed cabinets and an inadequate system of organization. Finding items had become a challenge and getting to cookware meant removing stacks of other items first. The client had become so frustrated with trying to create more space where there was none that she contacted Creative Spaces Organizing for help.
“We love our new kitchen! We can’t believe how much room we really have now. Everything we use on a daily basis is accessible and fits easily in the cabinets – there is even extra room! Gretchen came up great solutions to free up cabinet space and arrange things to make the kitchen easier to use. I’m actually enjoying cooking again! Next, we are going to have Gretchen help with our pantry.”
— K.A., St. Louis, MO
- Many items that did not need to be stored in the kitchen were taking up valuable cabinet space
- Countertops were cluttered with items that had no home
- Client rarely used some small appliances because it was so hard to get to them
- Multiple junk drawers
- Client did not enjoy cooking in the kitchen
- Found new homes for rarely used barware and china in adjoining room
- Countertops cleared except for necessary canisters and utensils
- Organized cabinets into designated storage areas
- Created an additional storage space in the basement for rarely used/seasonally used items
- Donated old cookbooks, multiples and unused items
- Identified one junk drawer & relocated unnecessary items to labeled containers in laundry room